Riverside, CA (PRWEB) May 09, 2014
Springboard Nonprofit Consumer Credit Management, Inc. (“Springboard”) is celebrating Mother’s Day by delivering attention to women’s special financial requirements plus equipping them with tools to greater know plus manage their financial future. In recognizing the great historical achievements of ladies, Springboard is encouraging all females to review their financial objectives plus establish a program to accomplish them.
“Our financial legacy is frequently determined by the decisions you create now,” mentioned Melinda Opperman, Springboard’s senior vice president. “As you enjoy the moms this month, today is an great time for ladies to look at their financial objectives plus have an honest conversation regarding their active financial state,” mentioned Opperman.
Springboard encourages females all year lengthy to take control of their financial future by becoming educated about significant income issues. To aid girls reach their objectives, the agency provides a series of financial literacy workshops entitled, P.E.A.R.L.S, that stands for Preserving, Earning plus Acquiring Real Life Skills. The workshops are geared towards women plus cover significant subjects like learning credit reports plus scores, utilizing credit carefully plus avoiding predatory lending treatments.
“As ladies outlive guys inside virtually each society, it is very significant which ladies be educated plus establish a habit of creating informed financial decisions,” mentioned Opperman.
In recognition of Mother’s Day, Springboard has the following pearls of wisdom:
1. Women that have a created program are more probably to accomplish their objective. Putting a financial program inside composing is effective. Something magical occurs whenever a objective is created down. The mind begins functioning about solutions as well as the individual becomes emotionally committed.
2. Women whom have a savings program inside area save over girls whom don’t. Research shows which folks with a savings program inside area save about twice because much because those without program.
3. Women tend to have lower retirement program balances. Women frequently spend longer away within the staff raising kids or looking after aging parents. Women are equally more probably to function inside part-time jobs which don’t qualify for a retirement program. As a outcome, females tend to make lower than males plus have lower retirement program balances plus pension advantages. Springboard encourages girls to create retirement planning a goal by placing revenue away sooner thus which investments can have longer to develop.
4. Women are surprisingly probably to be entirely responsible for financial choice generating at certain point inside their lives. Women have a longer existence expectancy than guys plus many wedded girls usually probably outlive their spouses. For this cause, females should understand how to manage their finances particularly throughout the years which they could discover themselves living alone.
5. Women require different types of insurance at different occasions inside their existence. Nobody would like to be over-insured or under-insured, causing an unpleasant surprise whenever generating a claim. Make an appointment with a trusted adviser to confirm the coverage which is required plus affordable. Avoid obtaining insurance which is unwanted. Inquire regarding methods to lower costs, plus ask regarding any discounts for loyalty, superior driving as well as the bundling of several polices. Be certain plus comparison store.
6. Women are more probably to be victims of identity scam than males. According to a research by the fraud-tracking fast Javelin Strategy & Research, girls are 26 % more probably than guys to become the victims of identity theft. Identity theft prevention is an significant aspect of total individual financial literacy. Springboard’s Identity Theft Awareness booklet is accessible for free download at the agency’s online understanding center.
7. Women account for 85 % of all brand purchases. According to analysis, ladies carry out almost all of the buying needs for the family. Distinguishing the difference between wants plus requires is key to living in the budget which involves saving for a rainy day.
8. Women must usually keep an up-to-date copy of their credit report. Much of one’s financial future depends found on the contents of their credit report. Consumers are authorized 1 free report from every of the 3 main bureaus when each twelve months. All 3 reports can be obtained at when, that is a wise decision when a main buy is found on the horizon. Requests can equally be staggered, that is a superior method to check for identity theft. Credit reports can be utilized at http://www.annualcreditreport.com.
For info found on the upcoming P.E.A.R.L.S. workshop series, please contact Springboard at: 800-449-9818 or see their site at Springboard.org.
About Springboard Nonprofit Consumer Credit Management, Inc.
SPRINGBOARD® Nonprofit Consumer Credit Management is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit individual financial knowledge plus guidance company founded inside 1974 with all the mission of improving the financial well-being of people plus families. Springboard is a HUD-approved housing guidance agency along with a associate of the National Foundation for Credit Counseling plus Association of Independent Consumer Credit Counseling Agencies. Springboard has individual financial knowledge plus assistance inside credit guidance, housing guidance, debt plus funds administration, pre-bankruptcy guidance plus debtor knowledge by educational programs plus confidential training. Springboard is certified by the Council about Accreditation, signifying the greatest practices for agency governance, fiscal integrity, counselor certification plus service delivery policies. Counseling is accessible by phone nationwide or in-person at workplace places inside California, Arizona, Nevada, New Mexico, Texas, Massachusetts, South Carolina, Florida plus Maryland. For more info about Springboard, please call 800-449-9818 or see their website at Springboard.org.
Find More Credit Bureaus Press Releases
Read More »